Sunday, July 15, 2012

Recipe of the Week!

Caprese Quinoa
I wanted to see what this quinoa fascination was all about so I decided to mix it with one of my favorite summer meals...tomato, mozzarella, and basil. It was delicious! I still don't see what the big deal is about quinoa, though. I mean it's good and good for you, but it's not like I'm over the moon for the stuff. Anyway, this is easy and delicious by itself, or as a nice summer side dish for a picnic or cookout.

Directions:
Cook the quinoa as it says on box. I think I used about 2 cups for this recipe so we could have leftovers. Put the cooked quinoa in the fridge for a few hours. Once it's cooled add a desired amount of olive oil and the juice of about half a lemon. Add cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and lots of basil!


No comments:

Post a Comment