Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Food for Thought

I've had a few "come to Jesus moments" with myself recently, and this weekend I did a lot of thinking. I guess I just want to share them on my blog because maybe someone needs to be reminded of it themself. After all, it's really easy to lose sight of all the positive things and people in our lives. I really got to thinking last Friday. It was our scheduled game night, and we had decided to make a come back to the bowling alley. I was looking forward to it all week. But after the work day finally ended I was just done and over it, I didn't think I wanted to go out anymore. After talking with a coworker and calling Matt (who was supposed to meet me at bowling), I decided to go. Best decision that I could have made. I even got a "rooster" in the 10th frame. I guess that's the whole reason I am writing this post. Yes, I'm writing a post because getting a rooster at cosmic bowling on a Friday night really showed me the meaning of life...this isn't dramatic at all. Things like your family, and game night, and the time you spend on the weekends with the people you choose to spend it with is what really matters. Those people you choose to spend time with and how they make you feel is how you should form the thoughts and feelings you have about yourself. There's always going to be someone or something that gets in the way and makes you feel less than, or doubt yourself, and it's hard, but all you can do is try your best and remember what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment