Thursday, September 12, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Summer Quinoa Salad
I know summer is over, but I'm a little behind in my recipes. And really every produce item is basically available year round so I'm sure you can still make this now, or in February if you want. I love quinoa. Mostly I like it cold like in this recipe, but I have a hot quinoa recipe coming up soon. Apparently its some wonder food, so it's worth a try.

Ingredients:
1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Arugula/Spinach mix
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package. When quinoa is cooked add olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Let chill in the refrigerator for a few hours. Remove from fridge and add spinach/arugula (about 4 or so oz.), sliced strawberries (I probably used about 3/4 pound), and a couple handfuls of blueberries. Mix together and add olive oil or lemon if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment