Thursday, October 24, 2013

Half-sies?

A few years ago I was going through a little stage where everything ended in "sies"...half-sies is one of the "sies" that has remained in my regular vocabulary. For example: "do you want halfsies?" The halfsies I want to talk about today though is a half marathon. Yes, you read that correctly. I want to talk about a half marathon.

About a month ago I posted about looking into new hobbies. I decided to get better with my blogging. I taught myself to arm knit. Recently, I have been considering training for a half marathon. There's one problem. I don't run (really ever), and I don't like it every time I try it. So I can't decide...should I commit myself to training for this and completing the Pittsburgh half in May? Then there's the fact that I only want to run the half marathon in Pittsburgh...one of the hilliest places ever. Maybe not the smartest, but it's probably the most motivating city I could pick. I also know my limits and wouldn't plan to run the entire way. I would train for a walk/run.

I think the pros would be exercise, something to look forward to, the training would last the majority of this ridiculous school year, and participating in a half marathon would be a big accomplishment. The cons...I don't like the sport of running, in order to not die on mile eight I would have to be serious about the training (even through the winter months), and not really knowing what to expect I guess. Some days I think the pros far outweigh the cons, but then others I think to myself....13.1 miles of terror. So, seriously, what do you think? To halfsies or not to halfsies. My goal is to make the decision over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment