Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recipe of the Week!

Calabacitas
You might know about my love affair with Wegmans. If you don't, it's serious. I drive past many grocery stores to shop there. I have since moving to Northern Virginia six years ago. It's far superior to any grocery store in my opinion. Well sometimes when I do my grocery shopping my Wegmans friends are giving food samples and just cooking away in the store. It's AWESOME! One lovely day during the Wegmans Hatch Chile Festival they were making this dish and they game me some. It was delicious so they gave me the recipe and I made it. It's a little summery, but I bet you could still find everything you need at WEGMANS! On a side note...I'm so happy it's October. I thought it would never come!

Ingredients:
Olive Oil
2 cloves garlic
1 small sweet onion
2 zucchini chopped
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 cup corn
1 cup roasted green chiles
1/3 cup half and half
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
salt, pepper, and cumin to taste

Directions:
Heat oil in large skillet, add garlic, onion, and zucchini and cook until softened. Stir in salt, pepper, cumin, half and half, tomato, corn, and green chili. Cook on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment