Monday, October 28, 2013

Oktoberfest, Round 2!


This weekend we had another Oktoberfest! You can read about Oktoberfest, Round One, here. This round the food was a little more authentic. We held our festivities in conjunction with the Rimkus' turn for game night, so they did most of the cooking. There was a variety of brats, german potato salad, german chocolate cake, sauerkraut, and lots of non-German snacks. I made spaetzel and soft pretzels. Everyone provided a lot of seasonal beverages including Oktoberfests, pumpkin beer, and pumpkin pie shots. I still highly recommend this theme as a fall extravaganza. 

Saturday was also the day that I decided I would have never been able to cut it as a German housewife. I plan to write a whole entire post on spaetzel making, but let me tell you it is one of the craziest, most interesting things I have made in my life. Never, ever again, friends. The soft pretzels on the other hand, I can't wait to make again. We ended the celebration with some lovely American pastimes - football and baseball. We watched Penn State get demolished by Ohio State almost instantly, and then switched to the World Series where things didn't go too much better for the Red Sox. At least Matt and I were in good company :)

No comments:

Post a Comment