Thursday, August 7, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
I had low, low expectations for these meatballs. I don't know why...maybe because ground chicken is always a little underwhelming. I had seen these balls referenced on Dinner: A Love Story many times, but never really felt compelled, even though they were always made out to be amazing. Well I then randomly had some ground chicken in my freezer and the recipe looked easy enough so I tried it. Friends...these really are so good! We are them with a side of asparagus I believe, but I could have just kept eating the meatballs all night. I really can't wait to make them again!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chicken
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 egg, whisked
zest of half a lemon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 jar store bought marinara sauce
about 4 ounces fresh mozzarella (thin slices-one for each meatball)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, using your hands, gently mix together first 10 ingredients. Shape into balls (I went with a little larger than golf balls and got 10 meatballs) and place a few inches from each other on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pizza sauce with olive oil. Brush this mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove meatballs from oven, spoon some sauce on top of each meatball, and cover each with a slice of cheese. Broil another 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden. Heat remaining sauce in a small saucepan. Serve meatballs with a dollop of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment