Monday, August 25, 2014

Motivation Monday

It's that time of year. The time where I have to remember what day of the week it is, not only that but what "color day" it is, and set my alarm correspondingly. Today began teacher work week. It's never fun to begin the back to school season by sitting and listening all day long, but we made it. There is something exciting about the beginning of the school year, though. Everyone starts out positive, teachers and students are anxious and excited to meet each other, and the unknown still seems somewhat manageable.

I blogged a lot last school year about it being a difficult one. I know some of my challenges will be the same this school year, but I want to keep my motivation high and my attitude positive. I'm looking forward to setting my goals for the school year and starting a few new things - not only at school, but in life as well.

I figure a good place to start might be where I left off at the end of last school year. After a summer-long hiatus I started attempting to do miles again. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't think it would be so challenging. It's hard to go from half marathon ready to starting all over again. Last Monday I tried doing my old plan and it was painful...for quite a few days. I did a couple more miles on Friday and Sunday and it was slightly less deadly. So I'm telling you this because I'm considering bringing back Marathon Mondays, but have not completely sold myself on registering for a race yet. Races have a tendency to keep me in line and actually go outside and do the miles, especially now that my time will become a little more structured. I think my plan right now is to decide by the end of September. 

No comments:

Post a Comment