Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Grilled Naan Pizza
Alright, so I have seen a lot of grilled pizza...on blogs, in magazines, on TV. I've always been skeptical. I mean how can that really work? I make homemade pizza pretty often, and the dough is flimsy and it just seems like it would stick to the grill and be a disaster, so I've never had the guts to try it. Then I saw grilled Naan pizzas in a Wegmans magazine, so I thought it might be doable. I went simple and did margherita pizzas with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil from our garden. I also brushed the bottoms of the pizza with olive oil. I put them on the grill on the lowest heat possible and it was only a slight disaster. I burnt one pizza beyond edible. The other one turned out ok, but they aren't the easiest to maneuver. The flavor of the pizza is also a little bit smokier than just using the oven. Using the Naan bread as crust was good, but I prefer regular pizza. For the future, I think I will stick with traditional oven cooked pizza, but it was worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment