Wednesday, June 24, 2015

24 Weeks

Great news! Matt and I are on a 'Staycation' this week! Well, it officially started yesterday since I had a class on Monday and Matt went to work. We have already been super productive and played a lot of catch up in the baby department. We worked on the room on Sunday (in honor of Matt's first Father's Day) and yesterday we created our baby registry. I can only imagine what people are going to think when they look at that registry. Probably that we have no idea what we are doing, which is true. But, really, have you ever been to the bottle aisle?!?! TOO MANY CHOICES! How am I supposed to know what this kid is going to like!?!? This has also been the first time where not knowing the gender was slightly frustrating. It seems like every textile is either boy or girl specific, there are not enough gender neutral options that are as cute. Someone needs to start a line. 

How far along? 24 weeks!

How big is the baby? A large ear of corn or a cantaloupe. And depending on where you are reading 10.5-12 inches and 12.7 oz to 1 1/3 pounds. Again, all of this makes no sense...pretty big ranges in my opinion.

Maternity clothes? Not really, I don't need them, but I have some just in case. I also think maternity clothes make you look more pregnant so I wore some yesterday to look like I should be creating a baby registry. 

Sleep? I can't complain. I am officially on summer break so I can sleep a little better, but would still like to sleep longer. 

Symptoms? Nothing totally crazy this week. 

Best moment this week? On Sunday, Matt and I worked almost all day putting together furniture which turned out pretty well. We also took most the day yesterday registering. 

Food cravings? Same...fruit mostly. I also really wanted some banana bread, but decided to make some healthy-ish banana muffins instead. I will share the recipe soon. I am happy to tell you my eating is drastically improved from last week's end of the year junk food fest. 

Food aversions? Not much right now.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool last week and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach. 

What I'm looking forward to? Right now, I am just happy it's summer and that I can focus on checking things off the list in the getting ready department. I think we are off to a good start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment