Wednesday, June 3, 2015

21 weeks


Monday we had one of the coolest experiences of being pregnant, our 20 week ultrasound! It probably lasted about 20 minutes. Technology is crazy! We got to see a lot of cool images. They probably took at least a hundred pictures, and we saw all the different parts of the baby's anatomy. These are some of the pictures they sent us as well as some stats for the week. 

The 20 week ultrasound is when you can find out if the baby is a boy or girl, but we didn't (more on that below). I do want to start a Superbowl like pool for guesses on when this baby will actually arrive, how much it will weigh, and of course if it's a boy or girl. I'll look into that soon. What do you think? Boy or girl? 


How far along? 21 weeks!

How big is the baby? You know how much I love this produce comparison since it makes so much sense...one website says a pomegranate, another says a carrot, a book someone gave me says papaya. Now to me those are three different sizes, but what do I know. At our midway ultrasound on Monday, the sonographer said she thought the baby weighed 14 ounces. 

Maternity clothes? Nope.

Sleep? Things are not going well in this department. I'm hoping it gets better very soon.

Symptoms? Not many this week...I've been a little more hungry and the movement is more frequent. 

Best moment this week? 
Our midway ultrasound! It was so, so cool. We got to see alllll the different parts of the baby, even though a lot of the time we had absolutely no idea what we were looking at or what the sonographer was talking about. They show you the blood flowing in and out of the heart and umbilical cord, we obviously even got to see 3D images, and found out that everything looks normal and healthy.

Food cravings? Fruit - nectarines are at Wegmans!!! 

Food aversions? Not much right now.

Gender? 
I have wavered on this...I'm a type A individual who loves to plan. That part of me wants to know. Then there is also a big part of me that thinks this is one of life's greatest surprises, like waiting for Christmas morning for 10 months, and I want to wait it out until October. Matt, from the beginning, has wanted to find out, but I (and a few others) talked him into waiting. I am proud to say we stood strong on Monday, closed our eyes when they told us to, and didn't find out! Only one person in the whole world knows, and she didn't write it in her notes, so no one will slip and tell me :) 

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach (SO MUCH), and the fact I couldn't get my tooth fixed today, but it will all work out.

What I'm looking forward to? SUMMER...so we can do some fun things regarding this baby and get some other important decisions made.




No comments:

Post a Comment