Monday, June 22, 2015

Recipe of the Week!

Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers
When I first cam across these, I was skeptical. I'm not the biggest pepper lover, but they have been growing on me in recent years. That combined with the fact they are made in a crock pot wasn't really all that appealing. I am happy to tell you I was wrong. I really enjoy these, as in I have made them more than once. The one thing that does bother me, though, is that there are drainage issues. Water collects at the bottom of the crock pot and in the bottom of the peppers. I'm not totally sure how to remedy that yet, but I might try poking holes in the bottom of the peppers before stuffing them. Otherwise, I usually just dump the water as best I can right before serving.

Ingredients:
6 Large Bell Peppers (any color)
1 pound lean ground beef
½ cup onion, chopped
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup rice, cooked (I usually use some leftover rice if we have it)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1¼ cup shredded cheese

Directions:
Cut off each top of the peppers and scrape out the seeds and membranes. Combine ground beef, onion, diced tomatoes, rice, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of cheese. Stuff each bell pepper with mixture. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours until peppers are tender and ground beef is cooked through. About 15 minutes before serving, sprinkle remaining cheese and let it melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment