Wednesday, August 19, 2015

32 Weeks

32 weeks and a Very Hungry Caterpillar cake and cookies!
Friends, I am so behind in my blogging! We have had a very busy few days. We visited Pittsburgh for the second weekend in a row for my baby shower, then Matt graciously took a day off from work on Monday to help me at my work with moving furniture and other junk. Yesterday, I was just trying to get my life back in order, and today I worked a few hours at school. I am hoping to post all about Baby K's Storybook Shower tomorrow, but for now here is our weekly update!

How far along? 32 weeks!

How big is the baby? One website says a jicama, another says a squash. FYI, a jicama is a Mexican yam or turnip. Both estimate the baby is about 3 and 3/4 pounds and almost 16.7 inches.

Maternity clothes? Same status. Yes and no. I have yet to wear a pair of maternity pants. I'm so hoping I can make it the whole time without having to do so. Mostly I hope I can wear dresses and skirts until this baby is born.

Sleep?
Still waking up a lot during the night, but I'm trying to enjoy my last week off work to get some extra rest.

Symptoms? I'm having trouble with my very low back, more like my tailbone area. It's mostly when I'm walking. I fear that I'm going to start walking like a pregnant lady for the next 8 weeks.

Best moment this week? Baby K's baby shower! It was so much fun to visit with people I haven't seen in a long time, and my sister, mom, aunts, and cousins did such a great job making everything so cute. I can't wait to post about it. Matt and I also got to go to the doctor together on Monday to hear the baby's heartbeat.

Food cravings? Mostly green grapes. I also keep making hard boiled eggs. Weird. I don't even really like eggs.

Food aversions?
Not much right now.

Gender?
It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach, easier movement.

What I'm looking forward to? As we were driving home from Pittsburgh this weekend I told Matt all of our big events before having a baby are over and now all we are waiting for is the baby. Obviously we have lots of little, and not so little, things to take care of and think about, but all trips and major plans are over. So right now we can focus on looking forward to actually having a baby!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Very Hungry Caterpillar "cake" and accessories. Very cool

    ReplyDelete