Wednesday, June 17, 2020

COVID Summer

It's been an exciting week around here. I'm officially done with school which is a moderate relief, but I have quite a list of to do's to prep for next year. I decided that I'm taking a few days off from thinking about that.

Quinn has recently started placing phone calls mostly to me or my mom. She taught herself this and sometimes I don't even know it's happening until I hear her talking to people. 

Monday I got a very fun end of the year surprise when my friends and coworkers stormed my street with a car parade. I was so happy to see everyone and wish we could have hung out. I am going to miss my people so much. We also had a fire Monday night...both Monday and Tuesday were perfect weather here in the mid 70s and cool in the evenings. So much better than hot and humid Virginia summer.





Tuesday we were up and at the newly reopened playground before 9:00 to try to get there and have some time before anyone else came. It was short lived, but still fun. While organizing our bathroom vanity that afternoon I busted out the hot rollers and put them in Quinn's hair. She thought it was so fun. We then drove a bus route, in her newly styled hair, delivering signs to the front yards of my 5th grade students.






Today was a weird rainy day (in the 60s) but we still got a walk in, did some math, played in the garage, played Uno and Sorry!, and found the missing remote so that we could turn on Disney+ this evening to watch the Bears version of the nature movies. These movies really show you how brutal nature is man.

No comments:

Post a Comment