Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Down on the Boardwalk


Today is Wednesday, and I'm having a hard time remembering what Monday was like around here. I suppose we worked on math that day because it's the only picture I have from the day. I also worked Monday night so I could get a project done, because I wanted to take a little field trip Tuesday morning. We drove down to the Neabsco Creek Boardwalk. I had been wanting to visit here for awhile. I decided a trip in the middle of the week, on an overcast morning was probably the best time to go currently. The drive wasn't even that bad since the Northern Virginia traffic is minimal these days. For any of my local friends, I would highly recommend this adventure. This is a relatively new park with a boardwalk trail that was built over marsh and wetlands, so there is lots to look at. I think there are other trails that go off of it, but we only went a little way on one of them. We saw lots of wildlife too. It was a great morning.





Today was super hot. We got the pool out and I did some work on the porch...just trying to tie up loose ends for the end of the year, and trying to get things a little more orderly before I leave my current position. After lunch on the porch, I did join Quinn in the pool for a little bit. We are enjoying a movie night tonight - Born In China - on Disney+. The nature series is really good. Tomorrow should be no less than eventful as I return to school in the morning, and have three Zoom meetings with my 5th grade friends in the afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment