Sunday, June 7, 2020

Weekend Twelve


If there is anything this pandemic has been good for, it's our outdoor time and an exercise routine. Weekend twelve was mostly filled with those. Friday Matt worked at his office in DC, so Quinn had to tolerate me on two meetings, and she had her own Zoom dance class. Quinn cares very much about her wardrobe. I don't know how it got to be this intense, but she was really mad about having to wear that pink leotard (her fave black one was in the laundry). It was a very big issue in our day. Other than that we went out early for a walk before it got hot and then did some of Quinn's school work. We have been trying to keep on a bit of a schedule during the week, but we are chilling hard on the weekends.



Saturday was unbearably hot here. We walked on our closest trail for shade, but it was still rough. We also walked past the flamingoes on the way home. They work for Amazon now. The rest of the afternoon was spent in the pool/on the porch, and then our typical Saturday movie night. We watched African Cats on Disney+ (another Disneynature film). Quinn is super into the concept of predators and prey. It's actually alarming how undisturbed she is watching the whole stalking, chase, and kill thing. Every time I worry she's going to get upset and every time she doesn't. Not sure what this means.

Note the other family pool partying in their driveway.



Today was a great balance of fun and productivity. We found a new trail that is just a half mile walk
from our house. It was so pretty. I can't believe we have never done it before. We saw a bunch of cascades, a fox, a baby deer that still has it's spots, and the typical fish, turtles and other wildlife. We finished up a game of Skip-Bo today too...it's a current fave and it's pretty addicting if you haven't tried it. We spent some time cleaning various things and I went into Home Depot to pick up some paint. I'm pretty certain this is the first store I have been in since April.

Note the hiking outfit. I don't even fight about it anymore. 


While I was cooking dinner I thought about how typically I would be excited and stressed about ending school this week. I am excited to see some kids this week as they drive through to pick up their belongings, and I am definitely stressed with no plan for what comes next. It is an ending to school that no one will forget for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment