Saturday, June 27, 2020

We're Still Here


I haven't posted in awhile. Mainly we are doing the same old stuff around here. I have hit a bit of a wall, honestly. We have entered what I like to refer to as the Virginia summer. It is hot. I was very content walking around my neighborhood multiple times a day exploring trails, looking for rocks, checking in on flamingos, but now it feels like we walking around in Satan's oven. The pool also officially closed for the entire season. I'm glad I bought that insurance policy of a pool back in my pandemic panic days. I also invested in water shoes for Quinn earlier this week so she can splash around in the creek. She's super happy about this. She also caught a turtle and was so thrilled for herself. I'm seeking any ideas of things to do with a 4.5 year old to change things up around here - seriously give me something friends! In other news - I cut the grass for the first time in my life today!



Flamingos at the Drive-In 
Flamingo in rain gear

Quinn loves to visit our neighbors and talk their ears off everyday.
Part of our daily walk now includes finding empty playgrounds (we live in walking distance of many playgrounds) and just play a few minutes on each one until people come. I'm glad my child still has gross motor skills after having to put practicing those on hold for 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment