Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Spiced Rice with Nectarines


Alright...so this sounds weird, but it's decent. I'm not sure what I was expecting out of this, but it's just kind of a confusing dish over all. Obviously I am going to put the recipe below, but first I'm going to give you some tips. I got this recipe out of the Food Network magazine I get each month. I would suggest using far less rice than they use or upping your other spices and ingredients to make it better. Also I didn't feel like grilling my nectarines so I cooked them on the stovetop for a little bit. This isn't something I would make regularly, but it was something different if thats what you are looking for. It also went well with the chicken recipe that I will be sharing next week. So here ya go:

Preheat grill to medium high. Cut 2 nectarines into wedges and toss with olive oil and a big pinch of cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Grill until marked. Chop and toss with 3 cups cooked rice, juice of half a lemon, splash of olive oil, a pinch of cumin and cinnamon, and a 1/4 cup each of almonds and chopped dill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment