Sunday, July 10, 2011

City Garden Update

A more leafy garden!
Remember my city garden? Well it's much more productive these days! We have two tomatoes that are ready to be picked and will be eaten with dinner tonight. We use the herbs that I planted on a regular basis, at least a few times a week. And our lemon tree, while fruitless, is doing much better than in the winter months. Our strawberry plant has given us quite a few strawberries, but I wouldn't call them delicious. They are really small and have a weird consistency. And we also have the red pepper plant that I think might have been a mistake, but it is flowering right now so who knows. I think the Earth Box should really not have three plants in it, only two. So my plan for next summer is just tomato plants since that is what seems to be working best. And of course I will have tons of herbs...I love having those cause buying the ones at the grocery store end up being such a waste. Anyone know how to get lemons on a lemon tree?

TOMATOES!



No comments:

Post a Comment