Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Honey Chicken Tenders

I made this chicken at the same time I made last weeks rice. They were a good combo, but this chicken would go well with anything. I really liked it. It was just a little sweet and a lot crunchy so it was perfect. I think the chicken would also just be good coated in the honey and apricot mixture without the bread crumbs if you are interested in trying it that way. I feel like this would also be a kid favorite! 



Ingredients

2 boneless chicken breasts cut into small strips

  • Panko bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 tablespoons apricot preserves or jam

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine honey and apricot preserves. Stir to combine. Brush honey mixture on both sides of chicken strips, dredge in bread crumbs. Line coated chicken on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake about 30 minutes until slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment