Friday, December 16, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Lemon Sage Chicken
This was a random dish I found in my FoodNetwork magazine. I edited it a little to fit what I actually had in the house and to make things easier. I love lemon (like a lot), I love sage, so I loved this dish. I will definitely make it again. 

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (trimmed and pounded)
Flour for dredging
2 eggs
Juice of one lemon
4 sprigs sage
2 tbsp. butter
Olive oil

Directions:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, coat each breast in flour. In a bowl whisk together eggs and lemon juice. Dip the floured chicken in the egg mixture, coating both sides. In a skillet heat olive oil. Add chicken to skillet and cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip chicken and add sage leaves to the pan, cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken from the skillet. Add the butter to the remaining sage leaves and cook until butter is browned. Top chicken with butter and sage. 

Also...I LOVE lemon so I added some more lemon juice to my chicken once it was plated :)






No comments:

Post a Comment