Monday, November 10, 2014

Marathon Monday

This week in training started off with a lot of drama. Weeks ago, before things got serious, I might have suggested we go hike Bull Run Mountain with some friends. Matt decided to hold me to that idea. I was forced to go hiking even though it was SO COLD and I was in serious fear of injuring myself and thus forfeiting all the training I have been working on. I was not even close to a happy hiker that day. I might have had a point, though. I slipped about 34 times and full out fell down good old Bull Run mountain during the course of the morning. Luckily, I came out mostly unscathed. I was glad that was over. In any event that hike counts toward my miles for the week.

Tuesday I had a different work schedule because of conferences. I was able to do five miles before going into work for the day. It was great to be able to do that since the daylight is hard to come by recently. This daylight savings business is really, really putting a major damper on things. That was pretty much the theme of the rest of the week. Both Wednesday and Friday I planned to do at least three miles after school. Even with trying to leave in a timely fashion after putting everyone on the bus and going to my running buddy's neighborhood closer to school, three miles still ends in the dark, which is scary and not fun.

I guess you could say it's been a week of lows (daylight savings and that rough hike) and highs (multiple days of buddy running!). This week did not contain a long run, but I still covered 16.47 miles. Only 60 days left until Disney, which seems so close (and SO EXCITING)!

No comments:

Post a Comment