Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boston

This past weekend Matt and I went to Boston. For those of you who don't know that is where Matt grew up. Unfortunate, I know, that he is a Patriots fan. And technically he grew up in Andover a suburb of the big city. It was a very nice visit, especially since we don't get there much. This past week was his mom's birthday. To celebrate we all went to the Melting Pot. We had never been there before and it was a lot of fun. We were there for a looooong time. The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant with a lot of courses, and I think my favorite course had to be dessert. We had 2 types of fondue; one dark chocolate (my fave) and one creme brulee. I love doing fondue. Growing up my family and our neighbor's  family had a "Fondue Day" every New Years Day. It was my favorite holiday. We would make our dinner and watch the Penn State game...best tradition EVER.

Matt also had plans to go to a Celtic's game with a friend so his mom, sister, and I went outlet shopping for the day on Sunday. And before we left on Monday we went Candlepin bowling. Apparently, this is a New England pastime. It's that bowling game where the balls are really little and then of course the pins are thinner than usual. Naturally, I won. Beginners luck maybe, but I definitely think it's way easier to keep the little balls in the middle of the lane. It was definitely a little more difficult to get up for my new bright and early Tuesday mornings this morning, but hopefully the week will go quickly. It looks like we have a beautiful weekend ahead of us!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, It looks like you had a good time!
    Love you, MOM

    ReplyDelete