Thursday, March 17, 2011

Erin Go Bragh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day friends! In lieu of a recipe of the week, I'm posting a treat of the week. I guess you could simply make this also if you feel compelled. I think everyone needs to purchase themselves a Shamrock Shake today. Now for those of you living in the dark, like my boyfriend, a Shamrock Shake is a delicious seasonal rarity that comes from McDonald's. It's a green vanilla-mint milkshake. I have to warn you...I don't know if when you run out after reading this post to purchase yours if you will be able to in fact get one. During my unmentionable days at William and Mary shamrock shakes were very unavailable. Although, I was always offered a sweet tea to make up for their lack of Irish pride. I guess they only have them in certain regions. Unfortunate. I just googled shamrock shake and found this website. It may be helpful in your quest.  I will tell you the McDonald's in Vienna has them, but the one in Fairfax did not last year. Makes no sense really. So good luck friends! And here is a recipe if you would like to try making your own:

Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 tsp mint extract
8 drops green food coloring


Directions: 
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into a cup. Happy St. Patrick's Day!






  • 1 comment: