Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Stir-Fry


We eat stir-fry a lot. All different kinds of stir-fry; vegetarian, chicken, and the occasional beef. I start with a very large skillet and a little olive oil. If we are having a stir-fry with meat I cook the meat first. I then add all kids of vegetables. Typically I have broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, mushrooms, red onion, red pepper, and lots of garlic. Cook them until they are tender and then add your choice of stir-fry sauce. FYI...I once tried to make my own sauce and it wasn't as good, or as easy, as just buying it at Wegman's, so now I just buy it there. My favorite is the Szechuan Spicy Stir-Fry Sauce, but I live with a spicy food hater so I buy just the regular and then add red pepper flake to my portion. I dump all this over rice and it is very delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Stir fry is the bomb; I use a lot of similar ingredients but want to try it out with the water chestnuts...

    ReplyDelete