Friday, September 9, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Whole Wheat Pancakes
I hate pancakes! Some of you probably never thought you would see a pancake on my blog, but there's an occasion for everything, I guess. I made these during the alleged hurricane a few weeks ago. It was also the week Matt started grad school. I call this the grad school breakfast of champions. I used a recipe that I found on Peabody's blog, but did a few substitutions and I also cut it in half. I got about 4 pancakes out of it. I thought it was the perfect amount.

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
pinch nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/8 cup well shaken buttermilk
1 egg
2 tbsp butter

Mix together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine buttermilk, egg, butter, vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. It will be a little lumpy. Use a measuring cup to add batter to a hot skillet (well pammed). Wait until you see some bubbles rising and flip your pancake. I got four thin pancakes out of my batter. If I'm going to eat pancakes they need to be thin. I cut up whatever fruit was left in the house and found a very small sample of maple sugar pushed to the back of the cabinet. The first one was pretty good for this pancake hater, but I was over it halfway through number two. If you like pancakes though, I would recommend these!

On a very exciting note...we are headed to PSU today when Matt get home from work. I have the day off from school because of the crazy rains and flooding! I'm sure I will have exciting updates when I get back. Matt better love PSU or it might be grounds for separation, or at least eviction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment