Friday, September 2, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

White Pizza
I love white pizza! Ever since I was a little kid I would choose white pizza over regular. We use to have white pizza every Monday night when I was growing up. A local pizza place had it for half price every single Monday and my mom would pick it up on her way home. It was so good, however, much different from this white pizza. I buy the Wegmans pre-made pizza dough. It comes in a big ball in the refrigerator section. I definitely recommend this or going to a pizza place and asking to buy a ball of dough. We did this a couple times at the Italian Store in Arlington and it's equally as good. Just don't buy the nasty Pillsbury junk. Another tip: roll out the dough and cook it a little bit first. I made this pizza in the winter time and just topped the raw dough and cooked everything together. Not the brightest idea...there was a lot of mess and smoke alarm involved.

After you roll out your dough and its cooking in the oven (about 400 degrees until it starts to turn golden on top) mix up your "sauce." Now, you can do this anyway you want, but I do olive oil, tons of garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Pull your crust out of the oven and spread a thin layer of sauce across the top. I use slices of fresh mozzarella and plum tomatoes for topping along with some fresh basil. And because I always love some spice, a little crushed red pepper flakes. Pop it all back in the over until the cheese melts. I foresee some homemade pizza and football games in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment