Monday, February 3, 2014

Marathon Monday

I was excited for this weekend. I planned to run both days, doing a decent amount of mileage both days. I also planned to run with a friend, which was going to be a fun change of pace. I woke up Saturday morning and felt so sick. I started feeling even sicker when I realized there was no possible way I was going to be able to walk down my steps, let alone do miles. I went back to bed. I woke back up two hours later and got dressed to run. That was hopeful. All day long I did not feel well. Needless to say I was feeling so disappointed that things were't going as planned.

I woke up Sunday morning feeling like a new person. Thank goodness. I really wanted to do 5-6 miles so that it would be the most miles I had done at one time. The night before my friend, Kathy, and I decided to run in her neighborhood. I was also excited about the change of scenery. The weather was so super nice, maybe even a little bit too warm (I know, seriously). The most fun part of the run was seeing people we knew driving about. First, we saw our friends the Miller's and they saved my life with a drink of water. Then we saw the Rimkus' when I was super serious about my running, and I think said something along the lines of how I had no time to talk. The other best part was having a friend to run and chat with for the afternoon. Now that I am in the middle of writing this - and starting every sentence with "the best part was..." - I realize there was a lot of good parts about yesterday. While I was out for my run my car got washed, and another great part is I did 6.6 miles! My longest run by 1.6 miles! And 6.6 is a little bit more than half of 13.1 friends! Oh and I guess I was feeling so inspired I came home and bought another pair of running shoes. It was a great Sunday!

On a less positive note, those were my only miles for the whole week. I need to find more motivation for weekday runs. I need help! So Marathon Monday by the numbers: 6.6 miles total and 89 days until Pittsburgh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment