Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Lemon Caper Salmon with Asparagus & Pasta
So I love salmon. We eat it once a week probably. I typically make salmon and broccoli or salmon and asparagus and brown rice. I wanted to change things up a little for my salmon, and being a lover of all things lemon, I decided to try to make some lemon caper sauce. It was super easy, and turned up pretty delicious as well. I haven't made it since, but I would definitely make this dish again. It had lots of yummy flavors and was very satisfying. The recipe below is for 2 people. I would say there was a lot of sauce (I didn't use all of it), but if you like a lot of sauce that might be OK :)

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced red onion
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 pieces salmon
1/2 pound asparagus, cut into bite size pieces
pasta

Directions:
Whisk first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange asparagus in even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Roast until salmon is just opaque in center. Meanwhile cook the pasta and divide among plates. Toss roasted asparagus with cooked pasta. Place the salmon over the pasta and spoon sauce over salmon and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment