Monday, March 10, 2014

Marathon Monday

I took my own advice this week and went out Thursday after work for a run. Thank goodness. After last weekend's disaster, Thursday was a much needed step in the right direction. It was cold outside, but the 3.25 miles went well and I was very happy to have done them. Saturday morning I completed another 4 miles. It was a beautiful day and there were lots of people out and about. My favorite person that I came across was a very physically fit gentleman, probably about my age, running toward me. He was at the top of a hill coming down. I was going up the hill, walking (it was one of my walking intervals...I swear). I could tell the guy was saying something to me so I took out my ear phone. Apparently he was trying to be my personal trainer...the first thing I hear is, "push it!" Followed by, "let's go!" and "give me five!" At least he provided some entertainment.

Sunday I had planned to go 7+ miles with a friend for my longest run yet. I kinda felt like it was a good idea, but at the same time I felt like maybe it wouldn't really happen. I had done 4 miles on Saturday so I thought I might be tired, and just feel like going for a leisurely walk. Thank goodness for miles with friends to keep you motivated. I planned the route and knew it was going to be hilly, but didn't really take into account just how uphill the first three or four miles were. It was a little brutal. Every time I am out alone doing miles I swear that all I do is run uphill. At least on Sunday I got some outsider validation that I am, in fact, doing a lot of uphill running. On a positive note it made for negative splits :) We finished with 8.3 miles total Sunday afternoon, and I was tired. I was super excited for my longest miles ever, though. I feel like the laps I did around Wegmans shortly after should really count as mileage, though, because all I wanted to do was sit on my couch.

Add all these miles to a walk I went on with Matt Saturday afternoon, and a few laps around the track at Girls on the Run this Marathon Monday and I logged 18.27 miles this week! Good thing because it's only 54 days until Pittsburgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment