Thursday, April 3, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Sausage & Tortelli Soup
First of all, I don't really know what to call this recipe. I wouldn't really say it's a soup. It's too thick. There's not really a whole lot of broth. There's just really no closer word, I guess. On the plus side, this is a super simple meal. It really consists of putting all the ingredients into the crockpot and coming back a few hours later to eat. The first time I made it, I made it for crockpot Monday at work. It went over well. Then I think I made it on a snow day or something where I was home all day because it really doesn't take long to cook. It makes lots of leftovers for two people too.

Ingredients:
1 (19oz) bag of frozen cheese tortellini
1 bag of fresh spinach (I used about half - three quarters of a 8 oz package)
2 (14.5 oz) cans of Italian style diced tomatoes
1 block (8 oz) of cream cheese
1 lb. sausage (I grilled about 3 or 4 links and sliced them)
3-4 cups of chicken broth

Directions:
Grill and slice sausage. Cut the cream cheese into chunks. Place all ingredients in the crockpot, saving the chicken broth until last. Fill the crock pot with 3-4 cups of the broth. Cook on low about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment