Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Vanilla Cupcakes (with meth)
You may have read last week about our Breaking Bad finale party. Well here's the Heisenberg cupcake recipe. I just did a basic vanilla cupcake with vanilla buttercream icing. It was not the best cupcake of my life, but really it was more about the decoration anyway. I also used these silicone, reusable cupcake liners...not my favorite. They are annoying to clean. Sorry green people, I'm going back to paper.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1 whole egg plus 1 egg white
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

-Icing Ingredients-
3 cups confectioners’ sugar
8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 1/2 tbsp milk, plus more, if needed
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
This recipe is for 12 cupcakes. Preheat an oven to 350°F. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl (I used my electric mixer) beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture, beating until just combined.

Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Bake until the cupcakes are lightly golden on top and a toothpick comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. 

For the icing...I used my electric mixer again...combine the confectioners sugar, butter, milk, vanilla and salt and beat until combined.

I added blue raspberry rock candy for Heisenberg's meth and did a little decorating with the Breaking Bar logo and other key phrases from the show :) Enjoy, Bitch!

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment