Monday, June 20, 2011

East End Brewery



Matt and I took a quick trip to Pittsburgh over the weekend. Mostly due to the tragedy that I have called my hair the past few weeks. It needed to be fixed and apparently the only people who can listen to my very explicit instructions practice their hairstyling talents in Pittsburgh. We decided to make a trip to East End Brewing Company. My aunt and uncle go here every so often and I thought it was a something a little different to do, but still Pittsburghish so we went. First of all, it's in the hood. And I mean the hood which made it that much more interesting. It's very hole in the wall which you can kinda tell from the pictures. You can just do as you please and taste as much beer as you want for free. They also have root beer and ginger ale. We ended up getting two growlers of the Monkey Boy and one of ginger ale. I highly recommend visiting this establishment.

We made a couple other stops on our trip including visiting my cousin while she was working at Pamela's. It's famous for it's pancakes. And if you know me, you know I can't even stand the sight of pancakes. These looked different so I tried them...the banana walnut variety. I have to admit they were pretty good. Until I got about half way through the second one and my body was like...pancakes?!!? We continued our little jaunt through Oakland (home of Pitt) with a tour of the nationality rooms in the Cathedral of Learning. I hadn't done this since I was in elementary or middle school for a field trip. It was interesting to go back. All in all a very excellent start to the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment