Saturday, June 11, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Back in January my school had a Bingo Night. We do this every year as a fundraiser and it is no lie my favorite activity ever. I get to share the Bingo calling responsibilities with the assistant principal and we have a ridiculous time calling those numbers. This year they added a silent auction to Bingo Night to raise some more money. The staff was asked to offer themself and an activity that the students could do with them for families to bid on. I sold myself, along with ice cream making. One of the families "bought" me, but we waited until this past week when it was HOT to make the ice cream. We went with plain vanilla, but added some chocolate, sprinkles, and a ton of whipped cream. So here is our vanilla ice cream recipe and a silly picture!

Vanilla Ice Cream:

Use a hand mixer to combine 1 cup, well chilled, whole milk and 3/4 cup sugar. Stir in 2 cups heavy cream and 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour the mixture in the freezer bowl (I have an old school Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker) and let mix until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment