Monday, January 20, 2014

Marathon Monday

Since my last Marathon Monday post I have been really lucking out weather wise. I was able to do miles outside 4 days for a total of 11.99 miles. I don't think I will be as lucky this week with snow and frigid temperatures starting tomorrow. I also want to clarify that I do no run all of my miles...I do a walk/run (you can see by my pace on that chart below) which is how I plan to do the half marathon in May. The official half marathon countdown: 104 days. 

On this Marathon Monday I am very excited to announce that I have done my longest run so far. FIVE miles friends, five! I'm pretty pumped about it. There was a point at which I thought for sure I wasn't going to make the five miles I had planned. I almost burst into tears somewhere between 2 and 2.5 miles cause I was getting all neurotic and thinking "if I can't do five miles on this ridiculously nice day, how am I ever going to do a half marathon?" I couldn't understand why I was having such a hard time, my mind was playing tricks on me for a good 10 minutes, but I made it. Then when I got home and looked at my RunKeeper app that documents all kids of things about my run, my mental anguish all made sense. Do you see that stupid hill? I'm so over hills.


When I made it home things got even more interesting...I was looking at Facebook on my phone when I found this gem of a post:


Bristow Beat · 4,271 like this
2 hours ago · 
  • Stay off the Victory Lakes/Braemar Trail right now. This tip hasn't been confirmed yet, but someone saw men with masks, guns and an axe.

Basically, I narrowly escaped death today...in more ways than one. I just rechecked whats going on with the masked men...it seems as thought it was teenagers building forts and playing paintball. I love suburbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment