Monday, January 27, 2014

Marathon Monday


It's been a rough week for running. So disappointing after the perfect weather and 5 miles last Monday. We had so many days off for school, both for snow and cold temperatures. It's so frustrating that I had all this time to train, but it was far too cold and snowy to do anything. The good old windchill got above 20 this weekend so I decided I had to do something. I have to say if you told me a couple months ago that I would be outside dodging ice and snow in 20 degree weather I would have laughed, but that's what happened both Saturday and Sunday. Mostly I ran in the middle of the street, but my favorite part of my neighborhood to run through is connected by this snowy trail so I tried in on Sunday. I only almost wiped out once. And now... Marathon Monday by the numbers: 96 days until Pittsburgh (less than 100 is a little scary). 7.27 miles this weekend. Here's to hoping for at least one or two nice days this week to get a couple miles in before next weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't run at all over the snow days either...When it thaws let's go on a run together! I have hibernated too long.

    ReplyDelete