Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

BIG NEWS! Matt cooked! The rest of this post is written by him. It's With a Little Flare's first celebrity chef posting :)

Chicken Teryaki
This recipe was a challenge for me.  Its actually pretty simple but my cooking repertoire is not that extensive.  It includes salad, pasta, and juice.  This is not the start of the list it is the list. That’s the reason the recipe came from “Help! My Apartment Has a Kitchen Cookbook,” which includes things like “Mom Tips.”  My total lack of cooking skills not withstanding, I thought it was time that I make dinner since I am the beneficiary of all the other great recipes on the blog. It also was Columbus Day, which I had off but Erin still had to go into work.  The recipe calls for using the broiler but Erin quickly pointed out that that was above my kitchen skill level so I took a baby step and just used the oven.

Ingredients:
· 3 tablespoons soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
· 1 tablespoon corn oil
· ½ teaspoon ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 boneless chicken breast halves (About 10 ounces)

Directions:
· Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic powder, and black pepper in a mixing bowl and set aside
· Cut the chicken into small strips
· Add the chicken to the bowl and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours
· Preheat the oven to about 450 degrees (This is a guess since the recipe did not give a temperature)
· Put tin foil on a large baking sheet
· Spread the marinated chicken out evenly on the backing sheet
· Put the chicken in the oven for about 4 minutes per side until the chicken is completely white and just starting to turn brown.
· Serve immediately.

Rating:

· I think Erin gave it an “Its pretty good” or, in other words, better than expected.
PROOF

1 comment:

  1. Wait, but what about the rice and greens in the picture?? They seems pivotal for preparing this awesome meal as designed. And there's a reference to salad, but no indication of how to make it??

    ReplyDelete