Thursday, October 9, 2014

Recipe of the Week!

Pork Tenderloin with Zesty Dry Rub

Alright, I have a confession. I can't remember how I made this. I started with a recipe I found online for the rub and modified it, but I can't find that recipe either. Truth be told, though, you aren't missing much. I just wasn't into this. I wanted to try something new because we eat {this awesome pork tenderloin} all the time...and we are going right back to it. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't amazing. Worth a try for something different I suppose. So here is my best guess for what I put in it...

Ingredients:
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1.5 tsp. chili powder
1.5 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. oregano
1 tbsp. paprika
1.5 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. granulated sugar
1 pork tenderloin (about 1.25 lbs.)
2 tsp. olive oil

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a small bowl, combine everything except the pork tenderloin. Rub the mixture all over the pork tenderloin, making sure to coat it completely. Place the tenderloin in a pan in the oven until cooked through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment