Monday, March 23, 2020

Big Day


It's been a big day here in Virginia. I got up super early to get to Wegmans for opening. I turned in the parking lot and immediately saw a line just to get in the door. After parking and gathering my personal Clorox wipes and putting on my winter gloves, I realized it was just because the store hadn't opened yet. They let us all in when the doors opened at 7:00.


The shelves were stocked pretty well. They were limiting high demand items (eggs, milk, meat, etc.), but I was able to get what was needed and pretty much everything I wanted, or some OK substitutes. They didn't have much in the way of the regular meat that we get. Chicken is scarce, friends! I was so excited to get done with shopping and take my stupid gloves off. Once I unloaded all the groceries at home, Matt, Quinn, and I wiped down every container/box/bag with a wipe before putting them away.




In addition to my shopping, I had my first virtual workday. We are currently in the process of figuring out virtual learning and how that will look. We also had a staff meeting with 70 people on Zoom. I miss my coworkers! Following our staff meeting the Governor announced that all Virginia schools will be closed for at least the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. I have felt since midweek that this would eventually be the outcome, but I didn't think we would get here so fast. It's so weird that I walked out of there last week and had no idea I wouldn't be going back. This experience continues to be completely surreal.


Quinn and I spent the afternoon playing Life (Quinn had 7 children, 6 of which were girls...I can only dream), doing a quick workout video (where my form was corrected at least 8 times), and working on reading. I had to deliver some food to a friend this evening, and then we made food on the grill (I forced Matt to get propane yesterday).


Tonight I am working on making sure all our needed prescriptions will be at Target when I go later this week. I am also starting to set up my google classroom. My mom sent me a few pictures of when she and her sisters went to visit my Grandma at her nursing home yesterday. They said she loved it and laughed the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment