Friday, March 27, 2020

Fri-YAY?!


I love that mug. One of my work friends gave it to me because when I do the announcements on Friday I always say Fri-YAY! But is there really a difference anymore? It's really the same everyday. Technically, no one has work to do tomorrow, I suppose.

I woke up before everyone in my house today on purpose. Mostly I wanted to be at Target when it opened, but also I just wanted to sit and drink coffee by myself and watch some of the Today show before I left to pick up the things I needed. When I opened the garage door to leave it smelled like it does in the morning as I'm trying to hustle Quinn into her carseat and get to work quickly to meet the kids who help me pack food for the weekends on Friday. The birds sounded the same, extra loud at that time of day. And when I started the car it was about the same time we typically leave to get to work and school on time. It was weird to think how much has changed in two weeks.

The dream.
It was a slightly eventful day here. Quinn has been wanting a scooter for a long time. Last week on one of our walks she was talking about it again and then I remembered that she still has gift cards from Christmas. I let her pick one out online when we got home and it arrived late last night. We took it out twice today - there's Quinn's dream of the scooter vs. Quinn the reality of the scooter. We did have quite an argument over the whole thing this morning in which multiple people were staring at us as we tried to make it back home. Naturally, her helmet has a crown attached.

The reality. Sitting on the corner, refusing to move. The scooter was dirty. 
I had to go to Target today to pick up new EpiPens. While I was there I picked up some new produce. There was no real meat selection and no flour. I still haven't been able to get flour. Not a necessity, but I did want to make some recipes for fun. We also took a ride to deliver food to a friend. We stood six feet apart. Except Quinn, who is attached to my body at all times.

I did try to put a dent in the yard work that really needs to be done for a little bit this afternoon. Quinn was super pumped about helping to pull weeds and dig in dirt. I'm 100% serious about that. Hopefully she's feeling that way again this weekend when I enlist Matt's help as well.

Next week was supposed to be my College and Career week at school. Career Day is one of my favorite things to do. We are still going to do virtual activities, but it's not even close to the same. I am hoping my students send me a few pictures from their celebrations at home. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment