Monday, March 30, 2020

The Porch


Today I got up and went for a walk by myself. It was already a beautiful day. When I got back I lured my child onto the front porch with me to enjoy my coffee. She had hot chocolate...one of the only things she's been asking for on our "Staycation." It was lovely. I love our front porch, but I never really get the time to sit out there during the school year. Then in the summertime it's just too hot to hang out out there, but today was a great day for it. In the afternoon we did some reading and FaceTime on the porch as well. 



The only other main events today included a work meeting, some collaborating with my counseling partner, and a walk around the neighborhood trails with my Pandemic BFF. I did get a super nice email from a student today. It captures a few favorite parts of my job. I do love that I get to see the kids from kindergarten through 5th grade, and one of my favorite things is getting those 5th graders ready for middle school. It's still so weird that things have ended (at least in person) so abruptly this school year, and I feel for kids who are in a transitioning year...like 5th grade, seniors, etc. Hopefully they are using all this time to practice opening a combination lock.




No comments:

Post a Comment