Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Weekend

Church on the couch
I would call this weekend productive if nothing else. I feel like it was really no different than most weekends, except there wasn't the pressures of Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening. We don't have to do all that prep work to make the week run as smoothly anymore, which is so nice. And when we spent ALL day Sunday trying to get our landscaping in control I wasn't as mad about it. What I am mad about is the amount of time we spent and our yard still looks like a hot mess. I guess this was the periodic reminder that I need to not upgrade my house or yard.

Yard trash...and it still a mess
Saturday we did a lot of miles. It was great weather for running, which I am trying to do more of with our current situation. Quinn is getting super close to her 26 mile goal. She is also LOVING some card games. We might be taking her to Vegas when this is all over. Current favorites include Go Fish, Old Maid, and War. We have also been enjoying some quiet reading time in Quinn's room. I get to read a little bit while she looks at books in her sleeping bag on the floor. Then we read a book together.

Reading time
Naturally for movie night we watched Frozen II. I've been developing a theory that this movie is actually the predictor of the Pandemic. Also, I'm serious. Think about it...there's people trapped in an enchanted forest, they couldn't go anywhere for 34 years, 5 months, and 23 days. Then there's Olaf singing When I am Older. Just google the lyrics to that...if we haven't all felt that way in the past few weeks, I don't know what to tell ya. Then there's the lyrics to Into the Unknown and The Next Right Thing. Honestly...tell me I'm wrong. Elsa is one powerful queen. And if I remember correctly she really set fire to the winter after the original Frozen was released too. Let's just hope it's not 34+ years until we are released back into the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment