Thursday, March 19, 2020

Like a Stonewall


It was a beautiful day in the commonwealth. The kind of day when you are standing a bus duty and wish you had the day off. All mild winter long my colleagues and I wished for just one snow day. Look what we got instead. A virus. It's kinda fitting for teachers if you think about it.




We are making the best of it here in Virginia, though. Quinn had an A+ day. Only minor issues that she was easily distracted from - first day since the quarantine started. This morning she read her first book ever! So exciting! I made the book on a site called BookBuilder (https://www.bookbuilderonline.com/). This is super awesome. I took the words she knows and picked out books she would be able to read and then put her name in them. She loved it.


After lunch, k'nex, and a quick FaceTime with Grandma and Bo, we headed out to the battlefields. We did the Old Stone Bridge hiking loop! I was super impressed there was no complaining at all about the walking. There was a lot of questions about killing, and war, and death. But ya know par for the course. I also tried to tell her she was a born confederate, but her father and I are northerners. She did not like that one bit. She's a northerner by blood I suppose. She also tried to draw a lot of parallels between Frozen II and the Battle of Manassas aka the Battle of Bull Run. I went with it.


After finishing our hike, Quinn really wanted to see a cannon and I thought she would be pretty impressed by good old Stonewall, so we drove to a different section of the battlefields. As we were walking around that area of the park an older couple was walking toward us. The man was carrying something I swore were bagpipes. Turns out it was, in fact, bagpipes. As we got nearer he played them while walking down the trail. I do enjoy some bagpipes, but this was pretty unexpected.


A near flawless day today can't bode well for tomorrow, BUT it's supposed to be almost 80 again, so I'm keeping my hopes high for now...also can't be good.



1 comment:

  1. I love that your blog is back!! Yay!! And Hadley has that same dress! Miss you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete