Wednesday, March 18, 2020

In the Time of Coronavirus

Well friends, my last post was approximately 1,226 days ago. A lot has changed. Yet some things are still very much the same. You can thank the global pandemic, COVID-19 aka Coronavirus for this resurrection. Sooo my goal will be a daily or semi daily (I should start with low expectations here, let's be honest it's been thousands of days) post about our journey through this time period. I hope it's less than 1,226 days. Let me begin my story last Thursday...when I knew for sure that it was really about to go down.

THURSDAY: 
  • Worked a full day, end of the day announcement that we would have school Friday, but workdays on Monday and Tuesday.
  • Scrambled to pick up Quinn to try to get a few things at Costco. Got a few things, but not really everything I wanted...mainly no pasta. 
  • Matt got home, we ate a quick dinner then I went to Wegmans were everything was over picked or gone (still no pasta...everyone is eating carbs, even though I thought everyone was on Keto), but I did get a good amount of stuff. 
FRIDAY:
  • Worked one of the weirdest days of school. Just an eerie feeling all day. About 45 minutes before the end of they day they announced that no one would return until April 14th. All day was a mad dash for me to divvy out food to kids, try to unload refurbished computers, do the daily tasks, etc. Now we had little notice to basically gather stuff ASAP, clean, and leave. 
  • Picked up Quinn and went to Target. Here is a picture of the last people we saw up close.
  • At Target we gathered the last of the groceries we could find, and picked up a crystal growing kit as well as a rock painting activity for Quinn. Also new sidewalk chalk! Target still had no pasta, but Matt found some at a corner store in DC that day. 
  • Matt was also given permission to work from home through March. Quinn's school sends notice they are closed and will reopen March 31. 
  • Started the mass amount of laundry. This was mostly school bags, coats, lunchboxes.
SATURDAY: 
  • Quarantine, day 1. Sort of. I did go drop off food at a friend's house, but with good reason.
  • Continued massive laundry.
  • Sidewalk chalk
  • Surface cleaned the house. 
  • Family walk.
  • Movie night: Live Action Aladdin on Disney Plus
SUNDAY:
  • Did some online churching.
  • Started the crystal growing kit.
  • We did cheat a little on this day too...we went and bought new running shoes. Our discount card was going to expire and now there's more exercise time :) 
  • Quinn had her first Coronavirus meltdown and refused to get back in the car.
  • Took a family walk.
  • Ordered books on Amazon.
MONDAY:


  • Sight words
  • Daily chore...changing all the beds. 
  • Playground time and a walk.
  • Had a little read in.

  • Did miles for the first time in a long time. Never a good time. 
TUESDAY:
  • FYI...I typed this out to a friend, so it's the only day that's 100% accurate. I'm struggling to remember Saturday to Monday...
  • 745: wake up 8:15: make breakfast, eat breakfast, watch Doc McStuffins 9:30: sight word practice, flahcards and shaving cream, clean up 10:30: puzzles, marble run 11:15: teach Quinn how to play war to work on numbers 12:00 lunch and clean up, some coloring 1:00: play outside 2:00 wash the car inside and outside 3:00 FaceTime with Grandma and Bo and snack 4:00 laundry and tell Dad to stop working 415: the mother went on a walk 5:15 bath 6:00 number zingo 6:30 frozen pizza and Frozen 2 8:30 bed for Quinn

WEDNESDAY:
  • Sight words with marker boards and hangman...Quinn is currently obsessed with playing hangman (I guess she learned it a school) I'm so glad she now is learning more words than Quinn, love, mom, dad, cat.
  • Daily chore was cleaning out and organizing the playroom.
  • Walked 1.7 miles with Quinn (I told her she's doing a marathon and when she accrues 26 miles with me she can order something on Amazon.).
  • Got gas in the car...Matt found out today that he's now working 8 weeks at home, so he has to go in to his office to pick up things. I filled up the car at Costco...there is an attendant that cleans the pump after each person. I also brought my own Clorox wipes and coated my hands with them while using the pump.
  • Played Sorry
  • Revived the Blog. 
Well writing this confirmed my memory is not what it use to be. I also take a lot more videos than pictures. I have gone walking and/or running everyday, so that's a plus. I'm also happy to get more time with Quinn than I typically would. This week my direction from my job was to take a week to address the needs of our family and ourselves. Next week we will begin working virtually, but we do not have exact guidelines yet. They will be provided later this week. I think that will also continue to evolve over time, but only time will tell. Stay tuned. 

1 comment: