Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Recipe of the Week!

Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins
I decided to try this new recipe as a healthier alternative to banana bread, or a less healthy muffin. I was a little worried about them. I'm not really a baker, and was worried about the lack of butter and flour. In the end though, these turned out great. I thought they were very moist and pretty fluffy. I would most definitely make them again. Next time, I would probably do less chocolate chips, I thought they were a little overwhelming, but still good (I mean it is chocolate). Also...I made these using my blender and it was AMAZING. Easy mixing, easy clean up, and easy pouring into the liners. Try it. I did spray each liner with cooking spray, though, since there is no oil in the recipe. The muffins do stick badly, but the next day it gets better. Lastly, I easily doubled the recipe and froze half the muffins for later!

Ingredients:
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
2 cups oats
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400F and prepare a muffin pan by lining them with paper liners and spraying each liner. Add all dry ingredients to a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down. Next, add the yogurt, eggs, and bananas and continue to blend until batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each liner until it is about ¾ full. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin. Bake for 15 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment