Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Third Trimester!


Oh my gosh you guys! How did this happen!?!?! It seems as though that cold February day when I found out I was pregnant was just yesterday! Seriously. How are we already entering the third trimester? This week Matt and I are happily rocking in the third trimester in Maine. We are visiting his family as well as enjoying a last vacation before being responsible for making sure no one drowns on our next vacation. Last night we had lobsters and ice cream, and tonight we are going to one of our favorite restaurants ever, Joshua's. Can't wait!!! 

How far along? 28 weeks!

How big is the baby? An eggplant! I love eggplants! In fact there is one growing on my porch and I'm so excited about it. 

Maternity clothes? Same status. Yes and no. I wear a lot of dresses and skirts, both maternity and non...I think summer has been a good season to avoid the maternity wear. I can still wear my old shorts/capris, but I usually wear them with a maternity top, or a looser regular top. 

Sleep? My sleep has been better this week, aside from the waking up to go to the bathroom so often. I attribute this to being on vacation. 

Symptoms? My heartburn has actually gotten a bit better, and I feel like by writing that I've just cursed myself. My newest issue this week is moderate stomach pain. It started Sunday night and I still have it this morning. At first I thought I ate too much or something, but it was still present Monday morning. It's right underneath/beside my belly button and feels like a bruise/the baby is trying to escape through my abdominal wall. On the bright side, I take this as a good sign the baby is growing, but my stomach is stretching to compensate. I guess it's a welcome to the beginning of the end. 

Best moment this week? Only having to stop once to use the bathroom on our 9.5 hour drive north :) Being on our last vacation as a couple, and just trying to enjoy the whole everyday pregnancy experience. 

Food cravings? Nothing serious. Some days I am so hungry, but others I have a normal appetite. Overall, though, I cannot eat like I use to. I get full way faster, so I eat a lot of snacks. 

Food aversions? Not much right now.

Gender? It's a surprise! I shared our Baby Hunch pool and we LOVE seeing your guesses! Submit one if you would like, just follow this link: http://www.babyhunch.com/poolpage.php?poolid=afff7a33bcd4c7d922db1523e31ba3e3

What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach.

What I'm looking forward to? Matt's family is generously throwing us a Massachusetts baby shower this weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment