Wednesday, April 22, 2020

4.5

My representation of 4 1/2 candles on a half cake.
Today we celebrated Quinn turning four-and-a-half. Pre-pandemic we might have told her it was her half birthday and measured her on the wall, but today we basically celebrated like it was a real birthday. Years ago (pre child), I was eating lunch in the teacher's lounge with some of my colleagues and conversation sparked about one of my friend's her celebrating her only child's half birthday...I teased her, telling her that was an only child holiday, and how we use to tease one of my college roommates about this because she was an only child who celebrated her half birthday (hi KD)...now look where I am. Paybacks, man, paybacks.

42 inches on our measurement wall
Quinn is currently 42 inches and 37 pounds, also information we recorded today like it was monumental. She clearly loves some Elsa and the movie Frozen. She is learning to read and knows her letters, letter sounds, and about 60 sight words. She can count to 49 before she says her favorite number, 100!!!! She is so stubborn and sassy. Quinn likes to challenge my school counselor competencies everyday. She likes to play games and is competitive. My favorite thing about her is that she is hilarious. She also loves to do arts and crafts.

Elsa and Olaf
We baked a chocolate cake with purple icing per the Queen's request. When I was out for my solo miles early this morning, I made a great chalk discovery and had Elsa come back out with me later this afternoon to get her picture with Olaf. We also went looking for painted rocks by the creek. She is also celebrating her birthday by having a sleepover with me (which she begs for every night). I feel like we are setting ourselves up for a major letdown when she turns 5.5, but it worked for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment