Friday, April 24, 2020

Socializing


Today was marked by two big events. Grocery pickup and visiting our friends. I use to not mind grocery shopping, even enjoy it. I do not enjoy managing food acquisitioning during this time period. This week we did our first grocery order online and pick up. I had low expectations, especially because this wasn't from Wegmans. I am disappointed in our order for sure, but I know things are not ideal right now. I am glad to have some fresh produce, and will try something different the next time. 

We also went to visit our friends today. By visit I mean we sat in the car and they stood in the front yard and we talked for a few hours. It was nice to have an in person conversation with someone outside my street. We also got some real books to read and picked up some other new and different resources, so I'm excited about that. You can see in the above picture that I have to get pretty creative to excite learning around here. This is the sight word game I invented yesterday where Quinn sits in the bathroom with the door closed and slides the words under the door to me as she reads them. Whatever works. The motto of 2020. 


No comments:

Post a Comment