Thursday, April 9, 2020

Behind the Scenes


 

Look at the beautiful picture of my child on a picture perfect day. Quinn has become obsessed with this creek. She can entertain herself looking at the rocks, throwing the rocks, singing and talking to the rocks. I can sit and look at the scenery or look at my phone, chill for a second. Works for me. Well she's been talking about going in the creek. I have been saying we have to come prepared, making excuses, trying to avoid this because I knew she would lose her mind if she got wet. If the child drips water on herself, it's full on meltdown and wardrobe change. But I decided today was the day. I prepared. I promised. I took her into the creek. We steadied ourselves on slippery rocks until about halfway through. Then it happened. Her boot filled with water. Sudden panic ensued. Screaming, she kicked the boot off her foot and off it went down stream. Now she's balanced on one foot and the boot is floating downstream. After telling her not to move, I started chasing the boot with little chance of catching it. I did get a catch a break and a stick in the middle of the creek caught the boot long enough for me to catch up and get it back. Thankfully she recovered quickly and I told her we just have to go with it. I brought dry things, but we are just going to be wet until you want to walk home. Surprisingly she went with it.



The rest of the day we rock painted, read, Quinn had a Zoom meeting with her class. It was a good day. We saw a lot of painted rocks along the paths today, so we plan to take the rocks we painted today and place them along the path in the coming days. It was fun looking for them today. I think our nice weather ends for the next couple days, but that's OK. I told Quinn maybe we could take a drive tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment