Saturday, April 11, 2020

Training Wheels


Today was trying. Things were peaceful the last few days, but we paid for it today. There was a lot of fighting. We have certainly been very lax around here with just about everything, including the schedule and the bedtime. I really don't feel like fighting about much, and I have basically decided natural consequences will do for now. I don't know if was the late bedtime last night or what, but it was a struggle today. Good thing that Easter bunny comes tonight and you have to be in bed for him to sneak in to deliver the basket.


We used our last set of dye for eggs today. Let me tell you though, I made a few extra colors with gel food coloring and they came out so pretty. I feel like I may just go with that next year. We spent lots of time in the parking lot of the local high school today too. I use to run there in the winters when I was training for races and thought it would be a good flat spot for Quinn to try out her new bike. We picked this new bike up on the curb last weekend, and it sat on the porch all week waiting to be free of coronavirus (I also cloroxed it) and for the training wheels to come in from Target. She got the hang of it pretty quick, but definitely hard for little legs.


We also took a few walking laps around the parking lot. I ran into one of my former coworkers and got to talk to her for a little bit at a distance! That was fun. We also noticed some really big painted rocks all the way in the back, so we walked over to see what they were. It looks like they are allowing the seniors to take a rock and paint it and then return them to the hillside. I thought it was a really cool idea. I also think we will go back to see how it progresses. Fingers crossed for a happy girl on Easter morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment